Common warning signs of a troubled marriage
- The two of you bicker a great deal.
- You are withdrawing from one another or use the eye roll a great deal.
- You don't fight fair.
- There is a lot of nitpicking going on between the two of you.
- You no longer have fun together.
- You have nothing nice to say to one another.
- You don't talk with one another about your problems.
- You don't respect one another or you nag one another.
- You can't agree on goals and values.
- You don't trust one another and feel suspicious.
- The level of sexual intimacy in your marriage is low.
- Teasing has become hurtful.
- Your spouse tries to isolate you from your family and friends.
- You are happier when your spouse is away from home for an afternoon, a meeting, or for a business trip.
- You realize that there is emotional and/or physical abuse in your marriage.
- One of you has considered being unfaithful or has been unfaithful.